Jump to Recipe·Print Recipe
Easy SunButter Chocolate Mousse with the dreamiest texture you won’t be able to resist digging your spoon into, for dessert or a protein-rich snack!
THIS POST IS SPONSORED BY SUNBUTTER®
It’s the dreamiest thing you can make with four ingredients (three and a half really) whether it’s Valentine’s Day or February 15th or the middle of July. Although I don’t recommend waiting that long, you’re gonna be wanting this goodness in your life long before summer.
It’s SunButter Chocolate Mousse.
I’m having some trouble with words right now because no combination of letters can really do justice to just how heavenly this stuff is. I semi hate the word “mouthfeel”, but if ever I were to use it now would be the time and it would be with a stream of adjectives in front like: light, rich, luxurious, indulgent, divine…
My decadence tolerance is pretty damn high, but with this one even I will say you don’t need a huge serving. The decadence is concentrated, so a small(ish) serving loaded up with lots of light and fruity toppings is the way to do it.
Okay but what are these 3.5 to 4 magical ingredients?
- Coconut yogurt. The full fat kind. No runny almost-drinkable yogurt, that’s not what mousse dreams are made of. Or greek yogurt if not vegan.
- SunButter. The creamy kind that’s a little sweet and has that nutty peanut butter-esque flavor we love so much.
- Salt. Yeah there’s some in the SunButter already, but when it comes to chocolate desserts I like a little extra – optional!
- Cacao or cocoa powder. Of course. Add more or less to your level of chocolatey liking.
The process is even simpler than you’re probably imagining – bowl, whisk, watch as SunButter turns yogurt into an entirely new and marvelous mousse-y thing before your eyes. If you get the good yogurt, the really thick stuff, you may even have to switch from whisk to spatula halfway through. Yep, that’s the kinda texture we’re working with.
You know what else is really yummy? SunButter mousse without chocolate. I know, I know “without chocolate” are bold and maybe controversial words to ever say. But just the creamy non-chocolate mousse in all it’s straight up SunButter flavored glory…GOOD STUFF.
Or if you want to experience both, do what I did and take out half before adding the cocoa powder. Bonus points for the fancier two-toned look when layered in a glass jar even though it’s barely more work.
Maybe my favorite part of this SunButter Chocolate Mousse is how well it showcases toppings. Jk the texture is definitely my favorite part, but it’s top-ibility is nice too.
I kept it classic and holiday apropos with strawberries and chocolate chips, but don’t think my mind didn’t wander to blueberries or chopped hazelnuts or whipped coconut cream or cookie crumbs or granola or chocolate sauce or crushed pretzels or…well you get it.
So experiment and have fun getting to know your new favorite last minute dessert bestie ♡
Easy SunButter Chocolate Mousse with the dreamiest texture you won’t be able to resist digging your spoon into, perfect for dessert or a protein-rich snack!
- 1 cup (240g) full-fat coconut yogurt*
- 1/4 cup (65g) Creamy SunButter**
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp cacao or cocoa powder
- Sliced strawberries and chocolate chips for topping
- Whisk together the yogurt, SunButter, and salt until thick and creamy.
- Remove half and set aside.
- Add the cocoa/cacao powder. Whisk to combine.
- Layer the SunButter mousse and SunButter chocolate mousse into jars with berries and chocolate chips (or toppings of choice).
*Or greek yogurt if not vegan. Or the cream from a can of full fat coconut milk.
**I used the creamy variety of SunButter, which is lightly sweetened. If using an unsweetened variety either use a sweetened yogurt or add 1-2 tbsp sweetener of choice (but a liquid sweetener will make the mousse thinner).
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 504
- Sugar: 5g
- Fat: 47g
- Saturated Fat: 29g
- Carbohydrates: 17g
- Fiber: 8g
- Protein: 10g
Keywords: easy, dessert, snack, cacao, yogurt, protein, pudding, valentines day
CLICK BELOW TO PIN