Jump to Recipe·Print Recipe
Thick and creamy Vegan Fudge Brownie Oatmeal made with just 4 ingredients and no sugar – is it a brownie or is it breakfast?
I wasn’t even going for brownie when I made this oatmeal, it just happened.
Sometimes I set out to make dessert-inspired-breakfast recipes. But even better is when I set out just to make breakfast and the dessert part sneaks up and surprises me. I would’ve been perfectly happy with just chocolatey oatmeal in my little heart-shaped bowl, but the remarkable fudge brownie resemblance in both taste and texture had to be addressed.
And shared, of course!
The main element of this oatmeal that earns it the title of Fudge Brownie Oatmeal is the texture. Because the words fudge and brownie are both delicious terms that are not to be used lightly. There is one special ingredient in this recipe that makes the texture so uniquely brownie-like, and if you saw yesterday’s post you can probably guess what that ingredient is. Dates!
Adding dates or date paste to oatmeal is my new obsession, because it imparts the most amazing texture. And the fact that it negates the need for any other added sweetener is kinda nice too.
Refined sugar free, thick and creamy texture, super fudgy chocolate flavor, only 4 ingredients–why are we still talking!?!
Thick and creamy Vegan Fudge Brownie Oatmealmade with just 4 ingredients and no sugar – is it a brownie or is it breakfast?
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 4 pitted Medjool dates (or 1/4 cup date paste)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 tbsp cacao or cocoa powder
- Toppings: chocolate chips (shredded coconut, sliced almonds, berries, caramel sauce, etc.)
- Blend the nondairy milk, dates, and cacao powder in a high speed blender until smooth.
- Pour into a medium saucepan and add the rolled oats. Or if you are using the date paste, simply combine all the ingredients in a saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Cook for about 5-7 minutes stirring frequently until most of the liquid is gone and the texture is very thick.
- Pour into a bowl, top with chocolate chips and shredded coconut (or any toppings you like) and enjoy!
After all this brownie-in-breakfast-form talk, I have to give a shoutout to my favorite non-breakfast brownies THESE! For dessert…or second breakfast, I won’t judge.
Click Below To Pin